Gaming news and opinion.
Monday, January 4, 2010
I know a lot of you legit gamers out there might be near or at level 70 with out using exploits or hacks. You are the ones the prestige system was created for. To help make up your mind, I took the liberty of digging up information about how it works and what you get.
When you prestige you get the following:
-Extra Class Slot
-Ability to receive new emblems/new titles
-Each challenge section has new challenges
-Brand new challenge section
If you enable prestige mode, you will lose all of your weapons and perks and essentially work your way back up through the levels. The advantage to prestige mode is it demonstrates to other players how far you have come as you earn prestige icons/emblems.
If you are sure you want to enter prestige mode, select yes to both prompts that appear (the second one reminds you there is no turning back).
After accepting, you are now in prestige mode and can work your way back up to level 70.
Once the player enters Prestige Mode for the first time in Modern Warfare 2, they will be rewarded with a sixth custom class slot. The same occurs at every odd prestige level, so a total of five additional custom class slots can be unlocked by Prestige Level 9. In addition, the in-game Intel hint system states that any earned titles and emblems obtained before entering Prestige Mode are not lost.
If a player enters Prestige Mode in Modern Warfare 2, all unlocked weapons, killstreaks, perks and challenges will be reset. The challenges unlocked through Prestige for each gun, however, persist to the next Prestige level (the kills and headshots for each gun's Mastery and Veteran challenges do not reset). This exception also applies to the challenges in the Prestige category that deal with killstreaks (getting a certain number of kills with a specific killstreak reward). Titles, emblems, and accolades are also unaffected.
* Prestige 1: Extra Custom Class Slot (6 Total), New Emblem, New Title, "Prestige" Tier of Challenges, including Veteran and Mastery challenges for each weapon
* Prestige 2: New Emblem, New Title
* Prestige 3: Extra Custom Class Slot (7 Total), New Emblem, New Title
* Prestige 4: New Emblem, New Title
* Prestige 5: Extra Custom Class Slot (8 Total), New Emblem, New Title
* Prestige 6: New Emblem, New Title
* Prestige 7: Extra Custom Class Slot (9 Total), New Emblem, New Title
* Prestige 8: New Emblem, New Title
* Prestige 9: Extra Custom Class Slot (10 Total), New Emblem, New Title
* Prestige 10: New Emblem, New Title
Posted by Aaron Myers at Monday, January 04, 2010
- ▼ 2010 (11)
- ► 2009 (26)